Fell's Pointer 2017 Newsletters
The titles of the months are links to open a PDF of the newsletter.
- Preservation In Action: Colonial Garden Club Hosts Wild Lemon Fundraiser
- HISTORY AT RISK: Season 5 of Local Web Series Reflects On Past, Present & Future Of Broadway Markets
- DON’T MISS THIS!!! Broadway Market Community Engagement Meeting - Dec. 12, 6:30pm
- KILLING HALLOWEEN: How We Murdered Baltimore’s Biggest Party . . . And Should It Be Resurrected?
- Happenings: December 9 + Every 2nd Saturday, 2:00-5:00pm THE FELL’S POINT ART LOOP FB: FellsPointArtLoop -FREE-
December 10-29, Holiday Train Garden at the Jacksonville Senior Center
January 1, 2018, 1pm-6pm - New Year’s Yoga & Meditation Mini-Retreat in Fell’s with Yoga Christy - $100
- Fell’s Point Fest: More Fun For Some, Less Fun For Others
- Unclear Festival Metrics
- New Fell’s Point Garden Club Plans to Restore The Colonial Garden
- Happenings: Nov. 7, 14, 21, 28 - Tuesdays 6:30-8:00pm -
Gentle & Restorative Yoga
November 9, 7:00pm - Preservation Society Lecture on the History & Achievements of the African-American Community in Fell’s Point, 1797-1860’s
November 11 + Every 2nd Saturday, 2:00-5:00pm - THE FELL’S POINT ART LOOP FB: FellsPointArtLoop
- THE 52nd Annual FELL’S POINT FUN FESTIVAL
- 9-11 Awards Honor Notable Local Volunteers
- Is There Any Way To Make Fell’s Point Safer? WE WANT YOUR IDEAS!
- Shocking Stabbing on S. Bond St. Leaves Everyone, Including The Victim, With Questions
- Fell’s Point Business Owners Look Forward to Refocused Fun Fest
- Happenings: Oct. 12, 7pm Preservation Society Lecture on the History & Achievements of the African-American Community in Fell’s Point, 1797-1860’s;
Oct. 14 + Every 2nd Saturday, 2-5pm THE FELL’S POINT ART LOOP;
Oct. 22, 4-8pm Open House at Pyewacket Books;
Nov. 9, 7pm Preservation Society Lecture
- Jimmy’s Updates A Neighborhood Institution with Dinner and Late Nite Eats
- The Survey Results are In! ...Offensive or Funny?
- What IS appropriate for Fell’s Point? Dinner Parties!
- Also appropriate: Ducks!
- Happenings: Sept. 9 Fell's Point Art Loop; The 51st Fell's Point Fun Festival
- Support local news ... Party for the 'Pointer! This weekend, Sunday, July 30, 6-9 pm
- Fleet Street Isn’t Dead, and Art is Alive in Fell’s Point
- Walk the Art Loop!
- Dramatic Duckling Rescue, Plus 10 Duck Rescue Tips Every ‘Pointer Should Know
- Update: The Square & Dead Trees
- RIP Andre Plattner
- Save The Date! Fundraiser Dinner Rescheduled to 7/30
- Historic Harbor House Tour Showcases Neighbors’ Creative Renovations of Charming Historic Buildings
- R.I.P. ‘Big Tony’ Hicks
- Preservation Society Honors Retiring President Kay Hogan and Retired Fell’s Pointer Editor Lew Diuguid
- Free Lecture Series on Black History in Fell’s
- Was the April article “4/20 At The Sagamore Pendry” Offensive? Or was it funny? WE WANT YOUR OPINION!
- Friday June 2, 7:00pm-9:00pm Art Opening with Live Music at Luann Carra Art & Wellness
- Monday June 5, 5:00-6:30pm HILLARY CLINTON will speak at a fundraiser for the Elijah Cummings Youth Program in Baltimore at Douglass/Myers Maritime Park
- June 15 + Every 3rd Thursday, 5:30-7:30pm FELL’S POINT ART LOOP -FREE
- Monday June 19 11:00am JUNETEENTH “Emancipation Day” -FREE
- Patio Party! THURS JUNE 1 - The Fell’s Pointer’s Summer Fundraiser Dinner at Mezze and The Fell’s Point Tavern
- The Fell’s Point Farmer’s Market Moves to Harbor Point
- 4/20 at The Sagamore Pendry
- The Art Gallery of Fell’s Point moves to Hampden
- Fell’s Point Main Street: What Do They Really Do?
- Lutheran Mission Donation Shop Needs Some Help
- Cartoon: "7 Years Now, and We're Still Not Squared Away!" replay from Maria Cavacos with an update.
- Happenings: Community Workshops to answer questions and listen to community voices regarding the proposed Business Improvement District (BID) extension into Fell’s Point; Historic Harbor House Tour: May 14, (Mother’s Day) 11am-5pm
- Sagamore Pendry Opens Luxury Hotel On Historic City Pier, Ending Two Years of Disruptive Construction
- ‘Keeping up with the Plankses’: Broadway Square Getting Granite Curbs and New Furniture
- Square Events Update
- Mourning Preservationist Barbara Cromwell
- I Will Make You Wet On Dyngus Day!
- Thanks for Supporting The Fell’s Pointer!
- Happenings: Meet with Councilman Zeke Cohen about the proposal for a taxed Business Improvement District: March 28, 8:30-10am, at Henderson’s Wharf; Privateer Weekend: April 1-2; The Bismark/Wilson Gallery 1760 Bank St: ‘Sequence’ by Minas Konsolas - Opening Sun. 4/9, 1-4pm
- Mardi Gras Fundraiser Party
- CONSTRUCTION: Broadway Square
- HandleBar Cafe Provides Yummy Food & Welcome Hub for the Baltimore Bicycling Community
- Broadway Market Advisory Group
- Buying Local in Fells Point ..... Walking There: MiY Home
- Police Horse Station in Park Would Increase Safety, Opportunity
- Happenings: Art Gallery of Fell's Point presents its March Art Reception: Sunday March 12 1-4 pm
- Walk-Through of North & South Broadway Markets
- Market Future Brings Residents Out to Meeting
- We're having another party on Mardi Gras!
- New Year's Editor's Notes
- Thames Street and Belgian Block
- Cartoon: "And we're here to REVITALIZE the BROADWAY MARKET!" by FLTV Art
- Happenings: Valentine Art Reception with Chocolate!