Mrs. A. Murray (Lucretia or Lu) Fisher is credited with having set off the “road battle” after she bought 1732 Thames St. She was a founding member and the first President of the Society for the Preservation of Federal Hill and Fells Point and one of the initiators of the Fell’s Point Fun Festival. She donated 1732 Thames St. to the Preservation Society and sold them several other buildings in the Visitor Center/ Maritime Museum complex.
In this interview, Lu tells this story. It was conducted in her home at 912 Fell Street, Baltimore, MD on April 28, 2003 by Jacquie and Kraig Greff of Tonal Vision LLC in preparation for their documentary, Fell's Point Out of Time.
Lu died Nov. 4, 2011 at 98.